Combo hub is a IEEE 1394 (FireWire) hub and a USB hub in one unit. Unit does not bridge or convert from USB to IEEE 1394, hubs are isolated from each other like two separate hubs. Can be powered with included power adapter or powered by computer through port. External power adapter provides more current for peripherals. If both IEEE 1394 and USB are to be used to a single computer, the computer would need both a USB and IEEE 1394 port on it.
Features for IEEE 1394 (FireWire) side
- Has six IEEE 1394 ports, each is a 6 pin
- Fully supports provisions of IEEE1394-1995 standard for high performance FireWire bus and the P1394a supplement (draft 2.0)
- Full P1394a support includes: Connection debounce, Arbitrated short reset, Multispeed concatenation, Arbitration acceleration, Fly-by concatenation, Port disable/suspend/resume
- Provides Siz P1394a fully compliant cable ports at 100/200/400 Megabits per second
- Can operate in both self or bus power mode
- Fully interoperable with FireWire and iLink implementation of IEEE Std 1394
Features for USB side
- Has four Type A ports and one Type B port
- Full compliance with the USB specification rev 1.0 and 1.1 tiered-star topology supporting up to 6 tiers and 127 devices, no cable segment exceeding 5 meters (16 feet) at 12 Mbps/1.5Mbps data transfer rates, supports bandwidth-demanding devices
- Self-powered, provides 500mA to each of the four down-stream ports with over-current protection on each port
- All four downstream ports have a remove wake up function
- Auto detect speeds and connections of devices
- Plug and play capability with external peripherals provide PC/telephone integration and digital connectivity.