- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer’s port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn’t have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the “out” port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an “in” port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB “out” (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).
There are no reviews yet.