- HDMI 1.3 is backward compatible with v. 1.1 and 1.2
- HDMI 1.3 increased its single-link bandwidth from 165 MHz (4.95 gigabits per second) to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future high definition display devices, such as higher resolution, Deep Color, and high frame rates.
- HDMI 1.3 supports 30-bit, 36-bit and 48-bit (RGB or YCbCr) color depths, up from 24-bit depths in previous versions of HDMI specification. A simple way of saying, “you get billions of colors” for better contrast ratio; more natural, vivid and accurate color display.
- HDMI 1.3 supports LipSync technology. Its automatic video/audio synching capability allows devices to perform video/audio synchronization with total accuracy.
- HDMI 1.3 supports current high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio (Dolby Digital and DTS) and new lossless compressed digital audio formats: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.
- HDMI 1.3 supporst up to 1080p and is ready for the upcoming resolution format.